So Embeecee over at Sparks from a Combustible Mind answered these questions a couple of days ago and at first I wasn’t going to answer them because they’re so not the kind I like to answer. However she’s been a good sport about answering my questions, so I’m gonna answer hers. Fair’s fair. And as she mentioned in her post (go read it, it’s fun) they’re not her cup of tea either. I mean, it might be fun. Who knows? You can read her answers at her blog here
Warning before you read these… this is obviously a quiz for the younger of mind and heart. There are a lot of “do you like boys?” *tee hee* type questions here, and the question maker didn’t put a lot of effort into fleshing out the questions. I’ma do my best to answer them seriously and without too much snark, but I don’t make any promises. ^_^
GIRL CONFESSIONS *Groan*
1. Do you sleep in your bra? There was a time when I had to sleep in my bra because after I had four kids in four years, my breasts got huge! Like… huge! Technically, they were a 44D, but for my body frame, they were bonkers huge. And it hurt to go without any type of support for any amount of time. Y’all know what breasts are, right? Big bags of fat that hang off one’s body with a few other bits to feed the babies. If you’ve got good muscles around them, that’ll hold them up okay, but if you lack the muscle support, it freakin’ hurts to have those bags of fat just hanging there. I eventually lost quite a bit of weight and a lot of that came from my chest (thank god!) so now I can go without a bra with impunity.
2. Do you like noodles? I love egg noodles… plain with a little butter and salt. I like Ramon noodles too, cooked to my taste. I lived off of Ramon noodles for a while back when I was in college — some stereotypes are oh, so true. I knew how to cook them in many MANY ways.
3. Do you enjoy drama? I detest drama. Unless it’s fictional drama, then I’m okay with it, for a little while, then it wears on me and I need to not watch it anymore.
4. Are you a girly girl? I am not a girly girl, whatever that means. Whenever I get dressed up to go somewhere, like put on a dress and wear makeup, I feel like I’m putting on a costume.
5. Small or large purses? I prefer larger purses whenever I carry a purse. I can put more stuff in them. It’s a hold over from when I was a mom with four kids. Though I have migrated towards smaller purses these days because I don’t have to carry around as much stuff. I still have a stockpile of napkins wherever I go though, I just can’t seem to break that habit. And pencils. I always have pencils. 🙂
7. Are you short? I’m the shortest adult in my family, including my kids. I’m 5’5″ (~1.6 meters), and I have one daughter who’s just above me at 5’5.5″. My other daughter is taller than me at about 5’7″. My one son is about 5’7″ and my older son is 6’7″ (~2.0 meters). The shortest male in our family (until my younger son) used to be my younger brother at 5’11”, and he was hopping mad about that for a long time. I mean it’s an inch short of 6′ a stupid inch! See, most of my family is 6′ tall (~1.83 meters) and over. As height goes, 5’5″ isn’t bad average-wise. But when you come from a family of giants… ^_^ I used to be 5’5″ and a half inches, but sadly ages takes away height, so there’s that.
8. Do you like somebody? And there it is… >>shudder<< Of course when I was a kid, we used to ask these questions too. We had what we called “slam books” or “slum books”. Depending on where you’re from, they might have been called something else. Take about thirty pages and ask questions like these at the top and have your friends answer them. I still have one of my slam books from high school floating around here. These things are totes not new. Just a different format. As to whether I “like” someone. Well, I married him, I’d better like him.
9. Do you care if your socks are dirty? I do, very much so. Whenever I wear them, they’ve gotta be clean. I can’t stand the thought of dirty socks. Of course, I hardly wear socks anymore. Maybe that’s a retired thing? Once one stops working, they stop wearing socks. I dunno.
10. Do you like Halloween? It’s my favorite time of the year. Though it’s beginning to be a lot like Xmas. I mean I start seeing Halloween shit in the stores in freaking September. Come on! Knock it off! I like both holidays, but they only take up one day of the year. 24 hours on the clock then they’re done. Stop trying to shove them down everyone’s throat for three months. It’s annoying.
11. Favourite time if the year? I like fall best, followed by spring, then winter, then summer.
12. Where is the weirdest place you have slept? So, when I was a teenager, I used to babysit for this couple down the road. One night, they came back late — past my curfew. And my stepdad, being the asshole he was, locked the door and went to bed. So the chain was locked on the front door by the time I got home. I couldn’t get inside. I went back to the people I babysat for, but I could hear them arguing from the sidewalk and thought better. I went back to my house, but everyone was asleep and couldn’t hear me knocking. So I went into our shed in the front yard, which was unlocked (thank god) and sat down on a stack of tires in there. It was midnight about then. I slept with my head down on the workbench in front of me and my stepdad found me when he went to work the next day at six am. He, of course blamed me for coming home late. Like it was my fault that the people I babysat for were late. Dumbass. But that’s by far the strangest place I’ve ever slept.
13. Has anyone touched/smacked your butt in the past 24 hours? What a strange question. Why would anyone want to do that? The answer, of course, is… no. Unless you count my dog whose wet nose touches everyone’s butt at least once a day.
14. Is there any type of rumour going around about you? If there is, I don’t want to know about it. I try to live the sort of life that if someone says something bad about me, no one will believe it.
15. Do you call anybody by their last name? I grew up on a military base. When I was younger, there were a lot of people who went by their last name. It was the same when I lived on and around military bases a few years ago. They seemed to enjoy the novelty of not going by their birth name. I call people whatever they introduce themselves to me as. So if you, dear reader, introduce yourself to me as Denise and I get to know you as Denise, but I find out later that your name is Michelle. I will, unfortunately forever know you as Denise because that’s what you introduced yourself to me as. Fun fact, this has happened to me before.
16. How many guys will read this just because it says-Girl Confessions? I dunno, I’m not the boss of them.
1. What colour is the bra that you’re wearing? I am currently bra-less
2. Do you prefer light or dark haired guys? The color of one’s hair has nothing to do with my preference in them.
3. Are you currently frustrated with a boy? Not really, and when I did mess around with boys, I honestly didn’t bother enough to become “frustrated” with them. Not for very long anyway. Ha!
4. Do you have a best friend? Not really. Not in the traditional sense anyway.
5. Have you ever had your heart broken? I’m nearly 51 years old. If I haven’t had my heart broken a few times by now, I’m doing something very very wrong. Life is about taking chances, and that means risking heartbreak. So yeah, I’ve been burned a few times. Lesson learned. I got over it and moved on.
6. Have you ever thought of having plastic surgery? Yep, more than once. I have this mole that bothers me… it really irks me. It’s right under my nose, and it annoys me whenever I get a cold. I’d totally have that thing removed. I’ve also thought of liposuction and such, especially since the thyroid quit on me and I can’t seem to get back to where I once was. But it wouldn’t do any good, without a properly functioning thyroid, it would all just come back. So yeah… thought about it. Won’t do it.
7. Do you like your life? For the most part, I’m content.
8. Have you ever jumped in the pool with your clothes on? More than once… the pool, the river, the pond, the lake. I’ve lived in some HOT places in my lifetime, and a nice plunge in the nearest body of water is just the thing sometimes. Of course, this was long before we started carrying around so many annoying electronics.
9. Do you have more friends that are girls or boys? When I was young enough for this question to matter, my friends were my friends, and gender didn’t matter. I had guy friends, and I had girl friends. They were my friends. It’s the same now. When I have friends I hang out with in real life (not so much nowadays) I have guy friends, and I have girl friends. Gender is not an issue. I befriend someone on who they are as a person and how we click as people, nothing else matters.
10. How long have you had a Facebook? I actually got on Facebook just before they opened it up to people without university email addresses. I remember this because I had a university address (having just gone back to school in December of 2006) and just as I signed up for Facebook they changed their policy. I had the same account for nearly ten years before I recently closed it because despite its being a useful way to stay in touch with friends and family, it’s also a convenient soapbox for anyone who wants to spout their vitriol. A lot has changed since I first signed up.
11. Have you ever slapped a boy in the face? Ever is a long time. I vaguely recall slapping a few people of both genders in the face… but the details are fuzzy.
12. What are your biggest fears? My biggest fears are deep darks and not to be spouted on teh interwebs.
13. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep? Again, nearly 51 years old. It’s been done.
14. Have you ever not been able to get someone off of your mind? See previous answer.
15. Do you believe in the saying “once a cheater, always a cheater”? “Once a cheater always a cheater” means that if a person cheats once, they will always cheat (or steal, or lie, or whatever) with no hope for reform. I don’t think that’s entirely true… I think that someone can do something once and see the error of their ways and reform themselves. That being said, I do believe in the saying: “Those who cheat with you will cheat on you.” Which is nearly the same thing. In other words, if you are the “other” person in a relationship and the person you’re cheating with leaves their significant other to be with you, then do not be surprised if that person leaves you for another.
16. Have you ever had a good feeling about something? See previous answers about “ever” questions.
17. Do you ever wish you were famous? Not really. This is gonna sound weird, but I have this back of the mind wish that someone will be going through my stuff after I die and realize what a genius I really am (a great writer or whatever) and I’ll become famous posthumously… All that fame, none of the hassle. ^_^
18. Are you currently missing someone? Nope
19: Who are you texting right now? Technically, I’m answering these questions on the internet and not texting anyone at all. In the more general sense, I don’t text anyone unless they text me first and that’s rather rare. I don’t even know why I have a phone except to take pictures and in case of emergency.
ABOUT YOURSELF… (AKA the speed round)
01. Eyeliner or Mascara? Neither
02. Pink or black? huh?
03. Pumps or flats? Flats
04. Skirts or pants? I like long skirts and loose pants
05. Socks or leggings? neither
06. Hoodies or jackets? both
07. Heels or sneakers? sneakers
08. Straight or curly hair? I have straight hair
09. White or black? Huh? I’m white if that’s what you’re asking. But there are WAY more skin colors in the world than white and black. But that doesn’t make sense because question 2 of this “round” was “pink or black” and that has nothing do do with skin color (or does it?)… That’s why I hate these kinds of questions. They’re lazy and stupid.
10. Smoothies or lattes? Lattes. Though I prefer coffee.
11. Diet or regular sodas? Neither, but when I did drink soda, it was Diet Coke or nothing.
12. Water or daiquiris? What a strange combination… water
13. Pearls or diamonds? For what? To wear? I have no preference… nor do I own pearls or diamonds.
14. Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen? HUH?
15. IPod or cell phone? Do they even make iPods anymore?
16. Friends or family? both
17. Lip gloss or lip stick? neither
18. Manicure or pedicures? neither
19. Tank tops or bathers? I have no idea what you’re asking
20. Big sunglasses or small? big — they have to fit over my prescription glasses. I wear these.
21. Sunglasses or purses? What????
IN A GUY/GIRL….
01. Funny or Serious? Funny
01.(sic) Romantic or Daredevil? Romantic
02. Dark Eyes or Light Eyes? The color of ones eyes is not important to me when it comes to… pretty much anything.
03. Long Hair or Short Hair? I prefer longer hair, but I’m not really picky about it. My husband looks way better with short hair. When we met, he had long hair that he wore in a pony tail and it looked… not good on him. I never told him that he had to cut it but I — gently — suggested that he might try shorter hair some time, as it would probably suit him better. And I was right. He looks so much better without that ponytail (I love you, Douglas!). It’s an individual thing you see. Some guys look awesome with long hair, and some guys just… don’t.
04. Curly Hair or Straight Hair? Does that even matter? I mean, people can’t help what hair they’re born with, right?
05. “Cut” physique or since s/he paid attention to you, physique not important? I have no idea what a “cut” physique is… I’m guessing it’s the same as a ripped body. I’ve dated guys of many body shapes in my 30-some-odd years of dating, from body builders to morbidly obese, and it really did not matter to me. It’s the individual person that matters, and that whole “s/he paid attention to you” bit is rather stupid too. My self esteem doesn’t rely on someone else “paying attention” to me. Never has, never will. Screw that noise.
06. Spendthrift or miser or somewhere in between? I wouldn’t date a miser if you paid me. Nor would I date someone who threw their money away willy-nilly, so somewhere in between I guess. My husband has a strange relationship with money. He’s tightfisted when it comes to some things, but when it comes to others, he’ll throw money around like it ain’t no thing. It’s funny to watch. There’s a comic about that (because it’s common I suppose), I’ll post that if I can find it.
07. Good father material (if you’re considering kids) or at least they donated sperm, and since YOU want kids, that’s enough? My kids are grown and gone. But when I was dating, I was dating after I’d already had kids — to clarify, I did most of my dating after my first marriage, when their father had custody of the kids, didn’t date much when they moved in with me, and when I did start again, it was during my kids’ teenage years — so “father material” wasn’t part of the picture.
Whew! I made it. And I didn’t get too snarky… I think. 🙂 Hope you made it through relatively unscathed too, dear reader.
Like Embeecee said, these were obviously written by a younger person or persons, as can be seen by the references to “liking” boys, &c… It looks to me as though it was cobbled together from a few lists because the tone of the questions are different. But I could be wrong.
Ah, and here is the comic I referred to earlier. Books are not my husband’s downfall (not always). He will toss money at DVDs, movies, collectibles, stuff like that. He’s gotten much better at it than when we first met, but yeah… he needs his entertainment. I don’t begrudge him the need for entertainment, I don’t… but I cringe sometimes at the sheer amount of money that gets spent to feed that need. ^_^ I shouldn’t talk though. I’ve got a room full of yarn sitting and waiting for me to use it. Ha!