My friend Ruth posted these on her Facebook profile, and well, since my WordPress blog posts to my Facebook, and I’m cool with answering questions, I’ll kill two birds with one stone: So here are Ruth’s questions (though I assume she didn’t write them):
Why not take a break from life and learn about each other?
1. Who are you named after? I named myself. I wrote about why on my previous blog, but I’ll relate the story of how I got the name Willow here. So I was in college late in life — about age 42 — and I was typing up a paper in the early morning hours. For a long time, I kept mistyping the word within as withing and I got curious about the word withing, whether it was a real word or not, so I looked it up in the Oxford English Dictionary — which I had access to, being a college student. As an aside, I totally miss having access to the OED. Anyway, it’s not an acceptable word nowadays, but it used to be. It’s old English for willow. Well, since I was looking for a new name that was completely unlike my birth name, and I always liked the name Willow, I took it as my own. Prescott is my mother-in-law’s maiden name. As for my birth name, I was named after my dad — so says my mom.
2. Last time I cried? I don’t even remember. I mean, I tear up at emotional events and when I’m reading something sad, but full on crying where my nose runs and I have trouble breathing? It’s been a while.
3. [Which do you prefer], Soda or water? Coffee. I can’t drink soda because of the sugar and HFCS, and I despise water. It gives me heartburn. If I could only chose one or the other, I suppose I’d go for the healthier choice and chose water, but I’d prefer soda if I had my preference.
4. What is on your favorite pizza? I like meat lover’s pizza. Sausage, ham, beef, bacon, Canadian bacon, whatever! And go ahead and smothered it in whatever cheese is available. All the cheeses! Make that bad boy a deep dish crust — not Chicago style! That’s completely different! But none of that thin crust shit for me. Hell, stuff the edge with cheese while you’re at it. Seriously, if I’m gonna go off my “diet” I’m gonna go flaming out. Make it dripping in fat and meaty goodness. And yeah I will pay dearly for eating it. Heartburn galore and probably cramps for days. But eating it will feel so good!
5. [What is your] Favorite flower? I love purple roses. But I really like all flowers.
6. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep. I was born after the time where they took them out as a matter of course.
7. Would you bungee jump? I’ve thought about it. I really have. I even went to a fair where they had a bungee jump “ride” and watched other people jump for a few minutes while I decided whether or not I had the guts. My boyfriend at the time jumped, but I just couldn’t do it.
8. Did you go to college? Yep, as I mentioned above, I went late in life. Actually, my college education came in chunks. I got my associate’s degree — okay I took all but two course — when I was about… 30-ish. Then life happened and I didn’t actually finish my associate’s degree until I was near 40. Then, again, life happened and I wasn’t able to pursue a higher degree until… well a lot of things happened and I found myself in a position where I could go back to school full time. So I did, and I was the only student over 40 in that school for nearly 2 years. It was weird, but fun, and I did it. I got my Master’s in English just as I hit 45. ^_^ And I didn’t do it to further my career or anything. My reasons are my own, and they worked for me.
9. [Do you] Untie your shoes to take them off? It depends on the shoe, but for the most part, nope. I tie my shoes in a way that I don’t need to untie them to put them on or take them off. It makes my life a lot easier.
10. Roller Coasters? Ugh! What’s the question? Do I like roller coasters? Will I ride roller coaster? Are roller coasters fun? What are roller coasters? I hate questions like this! >_< I mean seriously… I love roller coasters as a general rule, I think the idea of them — safe fear — is pretty cool. I even ride some of them because there are some that I quite enjoy. But there are some that I won’t set foot on because the have big drops that I just can’t deal with — same as the bungee jump thing, I don’t like falling. But honestly I like roller coasters, and I don’t think an amusement park would be complete without them.
11. [What is your] Favorite ice cream? It honestly depends on my mood. And it changes all the time.
12. [What is your] Favorite thing to do? When? With what? I don’t have a favorite thing to do at any one time. This is as bad of a question as number 10.
13. Are you in Love? I truly and deeply love my husband more than anything in the world.
14. [Do you prefer] Shorts or jeans? I haven’t worn shorts in years, but I don’t wear jeans very often either. It’s yoga pants all the way, m’dears.
15. What are you listening to right now? An interview between two gamers about feminism in gaming. It’s interesting. Right now, they’re talking about “damseling” and “women in the refrigerator“.
16. [What is your] Favorite Color? For a long time I didn’t think I had a favorite color, but when I started decorating my homes in Fallout 4, I realized that I tend towards two colors, purple and green. I dunno if that means I favor those two colors or if the better decorations are purple and green. I look around me in my livingroom and most of the decorations are brown and tan… so there’s that. ^_^
17. Tattoos? *sigh* Have I mentioned that I hate one word questions? I’m assuming that this is asking if I have tattoos, if so, the answer is no. but I’ve thought about it. Even as close as a year ago, I’ve thought of getting a tattoo — a small one. I’ve considered getting a tattoo for decades. Literally decades. At first I just couldn’t afford one, now it’s mostly fear of needles, pain, and infection. Ha! How things change as we get older.
18. Hair color? My current hair color is dirty blonde. It’s actually my natural hair color, for like, the first time in decades. I haven’t colored my hair in over a year… almost two years. Though, seriously, I prefer to color my hair to a deep auburn. It just got to be too much hassle to keep it up.
19. [What is your] Eye color? I have green eyes.
20. [What is your] Favorite thing to eat? I like food.
21. [Do you prefer] Scary or Happy endings? To what? Books? Movies? Video games? Broadway plays? Short stories? It completely depends honestly. Take for example Little Shop of Horrors. In the play, there’s a horrific ending and it was pretty awesome. But in the movie, they put a happy ending because people could not deal with the horrific ending. And it also completely depends on the story, because I’ve read stories where the author goes out of their way to contrive a happy ending and it completely takes away from the feel of the story. Some stories just don’t justify a happy ending. I mean, sometimes, there just isn’t a happy ending.
22. Android or iPhone? Again what is the question? Is this asking for a preference or what we have currently? Because sometimes we don’t always have what we want. You know? In my case, I have a Samsung Galaxy, which is an Android phone. Also, in my case I prefer Androids over iPhones but that’s not always the case. There was a time when I had an iPod and a burner phone.
22. Car? Yes! I have a car! And it runs too! Oh? Did you want to know what kind of car it is? A grey one! Oh perhaps you wanted to know the make and model? It’s a Chevy… but I forget the model. I know I don’t like it. It’s too big. I miss my Calibre.
24. [What is your] Favorite holiday? I’m partial to Halloween, but even that’s getting to be kinda meh these days. I suppose it’s because I’m disabled and it’s just me and Doug. Also, we’re out in the sticks so we don’t get any trick or treaters out here, which means decorating for Halloween is kinda moot unless I’m decorating for myself. Doug doesn’t even care about decorating. I just seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of return. I think that if I didn’t have this rebellious body, I wouldn’t be so ambivalent about it, and I’d decorate anyway.
25. [Which do you prefer] Beer or wine? I don’t like either beer or wine. That’s the problem with this this or that questions… what if it’s neither? I can’t abide the taste of beer, and wine is just downright nasty to me. I know that’s an affront to people who like either of these, or both of them, but those are my tastes. I don’t like ’em. I never have.
26. [Are you a] Night owl or morning [person]? Believe it or not, I’m both. I stay up late at night, but I get up early in the morning. I’ve changed my circadian rhythm recently to where I’m going to bed at 11pm and getting up usually around 7am. Many of the people I know go to bed way before 10 and get up around the same time I do. I figure as long as I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I’m good.
27. [What is your] Fave day of week? I’m partial to Thursdays because they’re named after Thor, god of Thunder, and not because of their placement in the lineup of days. I’ve felt this way long before the movies came out… since my teenage years (back in the 1980’s) when I found out how the days were named.
28. [Do you prefer] Coffee or Tea? I like coffee over anything when it comes to hot drinks. However, when it comes to iced drinks, I drink tea, unsweetened thank you very much. I suppose that means I like both of them.
29. [What is your] Favorite hobby? It depends on my mood, time of year, time of day, and many other thing. I like knitting. I like to crochet. Surfing the internet is fun too. I like to write in this blog upon occasion. I also enjoy watching videos on YouTube. And I’m a Bethesda game junkie. I like to mod my video games… And eventually I’ll get back to sewing too. So, you know… stuff.
30. Pets? Yes! I have pets! And they have me! Oh, did you want to know how many I have? I have four of them. Or perhaps the question is what kind of pets do I have? I have three dogs and one cat. The dogs are: Brandy, a six year old female Cattle dog mix, Cocoa, a six year old male Corgi-Chihuahua mix, and Poptart, a six year old male Chihuahua-Terrier mix. And the cat is Mister, a ten year old male American Shorthair. Mister might be older, we’re not sure. All of them are rescues, three of them were strays that were rescued and we adopted them. We love them… they are awesome… even the mystery marker (someone is marking territory around the house, and we haven’t caught them).
The post ends with a plea to copy and paste and pass on the fun, but I think that’s implied. 🙂 Do as y’all like. I just like answering questions. ^_^ Have fun y’all.