Carolanne over at THE 20-SOMETHING EXISTENTIAL CRISIS has some questions she’d like her followers to answer. And as y’all know, I love to answer questions, and since I am, indeed, one of her followers, I shall answer them forthwith. You can find her questions in their unanswered state here. Now, on to the answering!
1. How is your day going so far and what are you excited about doing in the near future? That’s two questions! No fair! To answer the first, my day thus far is business as usual, or as we used to say SSDD (same sh–tuff, different day). I vacuumed my floor for the first time in I’m embarrassed to say how long, so I’m happy about that. I got the dishes done, and I might do some laundry as soon as I recover from the first two things. Who ever thought there would come a time when one would have to recover from doing household chores? Ah well. Times change.
As to the second question… (sneaky sneaky) I’m not really “excited” about anything in the near future. I have no plans to do anything really. I have a doctor’s appointment next week, but it’s not that thrilling. I’m a recluse and I don’t get out much. I might go check the mail later on this afternoon if the rain lets up and my lungs stop punishing me, but that’s about it. I know… titillating, but that’s my life right now. Getting the mail is the highlight of my day. ^_^
2. What is the most favorite aspect about yourself, and why? I’m awesome. Everything about me is awesome, even the rebellious body that’s trying to send me into an early grave is pretty terrific. Why? Because nature is great, and I couldn’t build me if I tried. No one can. I mean, think about it, we came from two cells and grew into what we are today. Everything that’s alive and breathing started out as two cells in their mother’s womb and just… grew. And if only one thing changed in the past, if my mom or dad had made one decision differently, I wouldn’t be here. It would be someone else typing this (if this were even a thing). Every time I think of the power of chance that made me… I think of how truly awesome the universe is. And I am a part of the universe – as are you. So I’m awesome. I wouldn’t change a single part of me. Okay, I’m trying to get healthier to live a bit longer (so I can continue being awesome) but that’s different. 😛
3. What is the biggest challenge you have faced thus far in your life, and how did you overcome it? And if you are still working at it, what’s your game plan? That’s three questions! ^_^ Biggest challenge so far was overcoming my bipolar so it could seriously stop impeding my ability to live a “normal” life. My bipolar disorder is an ongoing difficulty because it’s an ever present… thing in my life. Even though I’m fully medicated to keep it under control, that doesn’t mean it’s cured. It’s simply controlled. Like a dog on a chain. And I have to keep the dog mollified to keep it under control. It doesn’t play well with the other, co-morbid issues I have (fibromyalgia, thyroid & lung issues) and the medications I take for the bipolar really don’t play well with them. But I’ve had bipolar for a very long time, I was diagnosed at age 19. I’m 51 now. I didn’t get the right medications until I was nearly 40. It’s been a long and bumpy ride. I’m either in or nearing menopause now and that scares the hell out of me because I’m almost 100% sure that those two will not get along at all.
4. What is something you are a jack, master, or expert in/of? I’m a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to computer stuff. I’m a good end user. I suck at coding. If I look under the hood of a computer program I’ll just close the hood and leave it to the experts. But give me any computer program and I can learn it in a matter of weeks, sometimes days, sometimes hours. Having said that, I usually plateau at just below expert when it comes to using any computer program. I’ll learn how to do a lot of advanced tools and formulas and find my way around a bunch of nifty short cuts, but when it comes to super advanced or expert tools, my brain short circuits and I just don’t get that far. I guess if I could take classes I might could learn them, but on my own? Nah.
5. What was the subject of the last dream you remember having? It had something to do with space… I was aboard a spaceship… like the Enterprise but not because everything was… brown? Definitely more earth toned than anything in Star Trek that’s fersure. But I know I was in space. That was clear. And there was something about shoes… no, boots… we were looking for a pair of boots that looked vaguely like the vampire boots, or maybe it was the fur boots? I can’t remember clearly from but they were clearly boots from Skyrim… I’m not sure why we were looking for them, but we absolutely had to find them. And we were using those computer screens that pop up in front of you and you can manipulate the data with your hands — a holographic touch screen I think they’re called.. I can’t remember where I’ve seen them from, maybe Iron Man even though it’s been a long time since I’ve seen that movie. I don’t recall playing any games with those in them. I can’t recall what the dream was about exactly, and I had it last night, but I can tell you… it was a weird dream.
6. Why is your best friend your best friend? Since I’ve become an agoraphobic recluse I can’t call anyone my best friend. And even if I had a best friend, I never could answer that question. Maybe it’s just the way my mind works, but I can’t look at someone point to a feature or two or three and say, “There! That is what makes me like you above all else.” For example, I love my husband for his entirety. All of his good points and bad points (and he has both, everyone does) they all add up to the sum of him and that’s what makes me love him. Because he is the person that he is, and not for any one thing that he is. If he were anyone else, he would not be my husband. He just… is. He also buys me things like weird cups off the internet. That helps ^_^ (I kid! I kid!). Just to be clear, I don’t consider my husband to be my best friend. He is my husband and I love him to pieces, and he loves me. We’re very happy with our relationship, but we’re not best friends. He has a best friend he goes to the movies with and hangs out with, and I’m totally cool with that. I don’t need to be his best friend because that’s not a role I want to fill in his life, nor do I want him to fill that in mine. I mean he totally can’t knit or crochet and doesn’t even like the same kind of movies I like. Not that my best friend needs to do any of those things — my last best friend didn’t. But hey… it helps. ^_^
7. What do your favorite pajamas look like and why are they your favorite pajamas? Pajamas? What is this strange word that you use? Pa–ja–mas? ^_^ I haven’t worn jammies since I was a kid. Mostly I wear whatever shirt I’m wearing to bed, unless it’s a flimsy shirt or a button down, then I’ll wear a caftan to bed, or pull a t-shirt out of the closet just for bed. It doesn’t matter which one. Sometimes I’ll wear a caftan all day, in which case I’ll just continue to wear it to sleep. Whatever I wear to bed gets tossed in the laundry in the morning.
8. If you had a time machine (think TARDIS) and you can go anywhere in space and time, where would you go and why? I’ve often thought that if I had a time machine, I would try and go back to the very beginning of time, just to see if the big bang really happened, because I honestly don’t know if I believe it did.
9. Why is your favorite color your favorite color? I don’t have a favorite color. And if I did have a favorite color, it would be the same answer as “best friend”. It’s kind of an involuntary thing, this favorite business, isn’t it? I mean, one doesn’t wake up in the morning and go, “Today I will favor purple above all other colors, and that’s that.” They just look at purple, or black, or blue, or green, whatever! and that color makes them happy, therefore it’s their favorite. I’m wired strangely, I think, in that I’ve never had a favorite color, or food, or musician, &c… I’m usually hard pressed to pick a favorite anything. I know, I’m weird.
10. What was the last thing that you laughed at — like hard core belly laugh, spewing soda out your nose, sides hurting, can’t catch your breath? Well, I play a video game called Skyrim… you might have heard of it, and sometimes the physics in that game get a little… glitchy. Some of the glitches are good for a snicker, but some are good for a belly laugh. I also have a follower (from a mod) called “Inigo” and he’s fantastic. He says the funniest stuff. This is just one of the lines he comes up with while wandering around (this is not him in the picture…)
But between some of the physics glitches and the dialog, playing Skyrim can be very amusing indeed.
And that’s it! Hope you like the answers Carolanne. I do like answering questions. 🙂