So these questions have been making the rounds on my blogsphere under the heading of “TMI” though they’re mostly just the same ‘ol same ol’ questions that most people ask, but I figured what the heck, I’ll answer them anyway. Warning: be prepared for some snark because my back hurts and I think it’s just weird this has a TMI tag. Just thought I’d throw that in.
1. What are you wearing? Clothing. And honestly, what is this, a pick up joint? What am I wearing… Might as well have opened up with “Age, sex, and location“. Jeez.
2. Ever been in love? I’m not twelve you know. I think anyone over the age of twelve has been in love at least once, or at least they think they have. I’m fifty one years old. I’ve been in and out of love more times than I can remember.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Fersure, I mean breakups come with the whole “love” business, right? I’ve had my share of amicable separations and a few pretty horrible breakups.
4. How tall are you? I’m 5 foot 5 inches (roughly 1.62 meters if I did the math correctly though I can’t guarantee that). I used to be 5 foot 5 1/2 inches but I’ve lost a half an inch with age somewhere along the way. You hear that, kids? You lose inches with age, and not the way you want to. ^_^
5. How much do you weigh? At the moment, I weigh 256 pounds. That’s right, I put it out there. I have gained a lot of weight because my thyroid quit on me and I can’t breathe, which means I can’t exercise. Believe me, I worked for a very long time to not weigh this much and I kept that weight of for years. Years! And then my thyroid quit on me and I gained nearly 100 pounds, and my lungs did the same and now I can’t even walk, much less do the hard work to take the weight off. I eat less than 1500 calories, sometimes less than 1000 calories a day and I still weigh this much. So screw anyone and everyone who thinks that everyone who weighs as much as I do is a fat, lazy slob. Just screw that thought in the ass. *** deep breath *** I’m okay. It’s a stigma I’ve been fighting for a long time.
6. Any tattoos? Nope.
7. Any piercings? Nope
8. OTP (One True Pairing)? Whaaaa? Okay, I looked it up. Definition for other clueless people — It’s when fans of fictional universes “pair” or “ship” two (or more) fictional characters together. Since I don’t belong to any fandoms — like any… at all — I don’t have a dog in that fight. I have friends who do belong to fandoms and I’ve seen them duke it out over ‘ships and it’s awesome to watch from the sidelines. But there’s no way I’m getting tangled up in that mess. You couldn’t pay me to even try.
9. Favorite Show? I don’t do favorites. I really don’t. My brain just doesn’t work that way. I cannot pick one thing out of all the things I do, see, have and say, “that one, that one there is the one I like the best of all of them.” I never have, and I never will. Except for coffee being my favorite drink… kind of. It’s actually the only drink my body will tolerate so it’s only my favorite by process of elimination and not because I like it over everything. If my body worked the way it should, I’d be drinking so many more things than coffee.
10. Favorite Bands: See question 9
11. Something you miss? Why do these questionnaires always assume that every person answering is missing something? I swear to god, every time I answer one of these, there’s a question about missing something or someone. I don’t miss anything unless it’s the point of this question.
12. Favorite Songs: Nope.
13. How old are you? Fifty one. I’ll be fifty two in August.
14. Zodiac Sign? Virgo
15. Quality you look for in a partner? I’m assuming that you mean romantic partner, so I’ll answer that. I don’t look for any particular “quality” in a romantic partner. That would infer that I have a “type”, which I don’t. My husband isn’t someone I would have sought out when I was actively dating and we just kind of stumbled upon one another via an online dating service. I can’t point to one quality that he has and say, “That, that right there is what I love about him.” I just love him. That’s basically how it works.
16. Favorite Quote? Again with the favorites. I have enough “favorite” quotes to cover all of the walls in my house. I have notebooks full of quotes from old books, movies, TV shows and just from everywhere. Hell, I even put them on my cars:
What I’m trying to say is I have too many quotes in my life to pick a favorite. That’s the way it is with most things people ask me about with favorites. I don’t have one. I’ll never have one. I can’t chose one. It’s not the way my brain works.
17. Favorite Actor & Actress? See previous question.
18. Favorite Color? You’d think this was a simple question, right?
19. Loud or soft music? I listen to a mixture of all kinds of music.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? Why would I go anywhere? Is this a thing? When I’m sad, I’m sad. When I’m happy, I’m happy. These are emotions, they’re temporary, ephemeral, they pass. There’s no need for a special trip to anywhere when they come and go. I just continue on with my life as they pass. Maybe I’m weird because I have bipolar, I dunno, but I never felt the need to go anywhere pertaining to my mood. Though having said that, I suppose that if I got really down in the dumps and I couldn’t shake it, I might go shopping or something. Retail therapy and all that. It helps a little, but it’s rough on the pocketbook.
21. How long does it take for you to shower? I’ve never timed it. I suppose about 15 minutes. I never run out of hot water… so there’s that.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I’m disabled. I have no need to get ready for anything. I could (and have) walk around in my pajamas all day if I want to. I do make an effort to get dressed in something other than pjs though because that’s a slippery slope that I don’t want to get started on. So yeah, it takes me about five minutes to pull on some clothes, if that.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Not since I was a teenager. Because after one hits a certain age, that’s called assault, and it’s illegal and I’ve made it my life’s goal to stay out of prison if I can. I’d like to never see the inside of a jail cell either. Besides, there are better ways to settle things than brawl in the streets. Seriously.
24. Turn on? Flip the switch up?
25. Turn off? Flip the switch down? (and yes, I am being deliberately obtuse)
26. The reason you joined WordPress? I used to be a writer. I used to write short stories and poetry. I wrote all of the time. I’ve only been published in a few magazines and non-profits, but I didn’t write for publication, I wrote for me. I wrote because there was something in me that wanted to write. Then two things happened. One, I went to college to “improve” my writing, and two, I developed Fibromyalgia — and later the aforementioned Hypothyroidism and lung issues. You can read about what happened in college on my previous WordPress site here and on my front page for this site. The problems with the Fibromyalgia and other health issues are plentiful, but they boil down to two things, fatigue and brain fog. It’s just tiring to do pretty much anything, and the fatigue and meds make my brain mush. The creative juices aren’t flowing like they used to. But I still have this overwhelming urge to write. Blogging fulfills that urge.
28. Last thing that made you cry? This video, which I watched this morning. I’m not sure how I got to this lady’s channel, but she’s very interesting. Man, I overuse that word, but I can’t think of another way to describe her. She’s also informative, and funny, which is an odd way to describe a woman whose channel is about death and burial, but hey, she needs to be seen to be understood. Just watch the video.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? I tell my husband I love him every day because that’s just what married couples do I suppose. Reaffirm their love to each other.
30. Meaning behind your blog name? Yeah, so I had another blog, linked above, named Willow’s Corner which some of y’all followed (Thank you!) and I got an inkling of a whisper that a big bad from my past had traced me online and panicked. I shut down everything in my name and opened new accounts everywhere under the name “Patience” because this big bad isn’t something to be trifled with. But I may have hit the panic button too soon — better safe than sorry! Anyway, I went back to using my name Willow, but since the name Patience is in the url, I kept it in the blog name. It’s also a reminder to maybe not panic next time. Maybe.
31. The last book you read? I was gifted this book: A Medieval Home Companion — Housekeeping in the Fourteenth Century a very abbreviated and edited version a fourteenth century housekeeping book that a sixty-ish husband wrote to his fifteen year old bride on how to comport herself at home, at church, in public, and (eventually) with her next husband. But, as I mentioned, it’s heavily edited and very abbreviated which prompted me to buy the non-abridged, annotated, and (probably) better translated version I’m currently reading (next question).
32. The book you’re currently reading? I’m reading two at the moment. One is called The Good Wife’s Guide (Le Ménagier de Paris): A Medieval Household Book mentioned above. If it were a Medieval English book, I would have tried to find an untranslated digital copy, but alas and alack, I cannot even read modern day French, let alone Medieval French. So a translation will suffice.
I’m also reading a stuffy book about passive solar heating and cooling which I’m not going to name the title or link to the book because I don’t think the author needs any more attention. My god is this person full of themselves. While some of the information is good and useful, much of the book reads like an extended advertisement for the author and his inflated ego. I hate books like that. When I buy a book on a subject like passive heating and cooling, or gardening (gardening books are notorious for this shit), I’m not looking for someone to toot their own horn, I looking for information. But right now I’m sifting through the bullshit for the useful tidbits. I have two or three more books on the subject. Hopefully they’re not all this way.
33. Last Show You Watched? The People’s Court.
34. Last person you talked to? The lady who comes once a week to walk my dogs.
35. The relationship between the last person you texted? She’s the lady who comes once a week to walk my bigger two dogs. We have a yard for them to run around in, but the biggest one — Brandy — is a cattle dog mix, she needs to be walk at least once a week, ideally more often. Once a week is all I can afford really. When we adopted Brandy, her papers said she was a “calm dog who wants nothing more than to lay at your feet.” but they lied. We didn’t pay attention to the breed when we adopted her. Cattle dogs need to move around and have a job. She’s a cattle dog mix so she’s not too bad, but she needs exercise. Hence the dog walker. Cocoa goes along for the company. He’s more than happy with the yard. The dog walker also clips all of the animals nails whenever they need clipping. She’s a nice person. I pay her money for her services (dog walking and nail clipping). We chat. It’s a friendly business relationship. Today we texted about what time she was coming over. Other than her, the only other two people I text are my husband and my tenant. I hardly ever use my phone and often forget to bring it out of my bedroom.
36. Favorite Food? Ah favorites again. The kind that fills me up with I’m feeling hungry.
37. Place you want to visit? Nope
38. Last place you were? Well, I was there… and now I’m here. I don’t understand the question. Like are you asking was I in the kitchen getting a cup of coffee before I sat down to type this? Because yeah, but I’ve also gotten up several times while filling out this questionnaire so there’s that too.
39. Do you have a crush? I should think not.
40. Last time you kissed someone? I kissed my husband goodnight last night.
41. Last time you were insulted? It honestly takes a lot to insult me. I think that too many people are easily insulted these days. I stand in amazement at how easily people are insulted and offended around me and I think to myself, Honestly? That hurt your feelings? Wow. I don’t say that out loud of course because of the delicate sensibilities around me, but I think it all of the time.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? I think sweet is good enough.
43. What instrument do you play? None
44. Favorite Piece of Jewelry? I don’t wear jewelry. I have a wedding ring, which I quite like. I have two actually. We bought a wooden one because I cannot wear metal for long. However, I kept taking the wooden one off to wash dishes and kept forgetting to put it back on. So we bought a cobalt one and after a few months it just made my finger itch like crazy — which is what metal rings do. So I just don’t wear jewelry.
45. Last sport you played? Back when I was a teenager, I really liked playing baseball, and I was a pretty good pitcher. But that was a long time ago. The last sport I played was midnight tennis in college. Not really a sport, more like hit the balls over the net and run around like mad in the hot, humid, midnight Mississippi weather. But we had a lot of fun, and no, we weren’t drinking — teetotallers the lot of us. Just crazy hijinks because we had nothing better to do in that small town. Other than that, I don’t really “do” sports. Besides, once I left college, my Fibro really kicked in and I started having the issues with the breathing a thyroid (I know, I sound like a broken record, but hey it really influences everything I do)
46. Last song you sang? American Pie by Don McLean. I’m old, I like that song, and yes, I sang all of it. I know it by heart. All 8 some odd minutes of it. Something Doug said got it stuck in my mind and I just had to belt it out. Now it’s stuck in his head. So turnabout is fair play I guess. ^_^
47. Favorite Chat Up Line? I have no idea what that is, nor am I curious enough to look it up. Seriously, don’t even bother to tell me, I’m totally not interested. Okay, I looked it up (I’m a curious person, sue me), it’s what we old folks used to refer to as a “Pick-up line” or something that people use to open a conversation in hopes of getting the other person to talk to them but at the same time let them know that you’re interested in having sex and/or a relationship with them. In which case, my “favorite” would be, “Hi.”
48. Have you ever used it? I’m assuming that the “it” this question is referring to is the the “chat up line” referenced in the previous question, which makes this kind of a redundant question… it wouldn’t be one’s favorite if they never used it, would it?
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? I have a group of women I meet up with every Wednesday, we hang out, drink coffee and knit/crochet… It’s fun and it gets me out of the house at least once a week… that’s if I feel up to getting out of the house once a week. Because sometimes my body doesn’t even allow that. But yeah, the last time I hung out was about a week ago, or last Wednesday. I don’t keep track of these things.
50. Who should answer this question next? I’m not the boss of anyone.
Via Mammatrek at Boldly going forward..because I can’t find reverse who got it from Hello Dearest Hurricane whom I also follow. I don’t know the blogger Carolanne tagged, so y’all will have to follow from there.