So Embeecee over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind answered some questions today. She got them from Fandango at a blog I don’t yet follow. Fandango answered them as part of a blog award he didn’t accept. I do the same thing. I don’t do awards. But I will answer the questions. Embeecee posted the questions on her blog because she likes answering questions… I am the same way, we’re question answering people. So, here I go, answering them. Because that’s what I do. :
1. If you could be any animal, what would it be? I’d be a white, male billionaire with enough power to make changes in the world. Hopefully with enough sense to make the right changes.
2. Do you believe in fairy tales? I don’t have to believe in them, they exist without my belief. I mean, fairy tales are simply stories written by people to tell a moral, sometimes in fantastical ways. The question, I suppose, is do I believe in the fantastic — fairies, witches, dwarves, &c… or, do I believe in happy endings? Which is what Disney ™ turned fairy tales into as opposed to the fairy tales that the Brothers Grimm collected for their books. And again, I don’t need to believe in happy endings for them to be true, people have happy endings all of the time whether I believe in them or not. As for fairies, witches, and dwarves… it all depends on what kind of these creatures you’re talking about, doesn’t it? If you’re asking if I believe in the fantastic, I am purely agnostic about it. I don’t completely disbelieve it, I believe that anything is possible.
3. What is your favorite movie/TV show? I don’t have one.
4. What are you reading right now? I am between reading materials and looking for something to read. I’m not asking for suggestions, I like to come upon my reading materials organically. Thanks much.
5. What is one movie people would be surprised to learn you like? I thought about this, and I can’t really think of a movie that I like that anyone would be surprised about. I tend to enjoy an eclectic variety of movies/books/music so whenever I’m watching/reading/listening to something strange most of my friends or family will hesitate only for a moment then say… “Yeah, okay, I can see you watching/reading/listening to that.” and move on with their lives.
6. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be? No one. A day isn’t enough time to do anything useful, so I wouldn’t want to be in power for a day. And it’s too little time to enjoy much of anything so yeah. I’m cool with who/where I am. Now, a week…
7. What advice would you give your younger self? I wrote a blog post about that in my old blog. It took me some time to dig it up, but I hope you enjoy it. I thought about re-writing it, but honestly don’t have the energy. This (link) is the advice I would give my younger self, even four years later.
8. If you could swap blogs with someone, who would it be? Like Embeecee, I wouldn’t change blogs with anyone. I like my blog. I’m happy with it the way it is. I see no need to swap with anyone else.
9. Name three places anywhere in the Universe that you would like to see up close. I’ve always wanted to be able to go back in time to see the Big Bang. I totally want to see how it all began. If I could do that, it would be awesome. I read a comic once about watchers… they watch. I’d love to be a watcher. If I could see the beginning, then of course, I’d want to see the end. I mean, travel to the end of the universe? Where time has no meaning anymore? Can it be done? I dunno, but it would be interesting to be there. And, for some weird reason, I’d love to see Pluto. Poor Pluto, we here on Earth keep thinking we have the authority to name it, and change its status. Like Pluto cares. Pluto will just keep floating around in space despite our efforts to name and or regulate whether it is a planet or not. But yeah, totally want to see Pluto, just because.
10. Dog, cat, fish, bird, reptile, small mammal, or no pet at all? I’ve had all of these at one time or the other, and I’d totally have them again should the opportunities present themselves. Right now, I have three dogs and a cat. But I’m cool with fish, birds, reptiles, et al. Okay, maybe not reptiles or small mammals. Not anymore — way too much work with the bedding and cages and… blah blah blah. And yeah, that means fish are out too, because damn those tanks are a pain to keep up with. I’d totally get a bunch of birds if I had the money and a place to put them. Dogs are easy, and cats… well, lets just say it’s a good thing Mister is an indoor/outdoor cat (he doesn’t need the litter box as often). ^_^