Some of y’all might know that I love to ask and answer questions. Lately, I’ve been saving and/or thinking of questions and keeping them in categories on my computer. Whenever I get enough (about twenty) on any subject, I toss them here for your enjoyment. I like answering questions — but I’d rather answer a lot at once than one at a time. I’m strange that way.
So, I wanted to address something here while I’m thinking about it… I know that some people might find twenty to be too many questions, but I think it’s just about right. Whenever I’m compiling a list of questions I keep thinking I’ll stop at ten or fifteen but I look at it and think, “Noooo! that’s way too short!” and keep going. Even at twenty I kinda twitch because I think, “That’s not very many questions.” But I know that some people (like me) tend to leave long answers so I’ve made myself stop at around twenty questions.
So here you go… twenty-ish random questions about food and food things.
1. Do you enjoy food from countries that are not your own?
2. When you prepare salad for yourself, do you rip your greens (lettuce, spinach, &c…), or do you cut them?
3. There’s a saying that goes: “Life is short, eat dessert first.” What do you think of that advice?
4. Have you ever thrown spaghetti against the wall to test for doneness? — If it sticks, it’s done (so they say) — What other such kitchen habits might you have?
5. How often do you eat fish?
6. When purchasing food for yourself, do you check the nutritional label? If so, what are you checking for?
7. How often do you eat salad as a meal?
8. Do you have any food quirks? For example: do you arrange a particular food in a certain way before eating? Or eat certain foods in a particular way every time? (i.e.: bite the heads off of gummy bears)
9. When boiling water for pasta or whatnot, what are your “tricks” for keeping the water from boiling over?
10. Are there any recipes that have been passed down through the generations in your family? Have you passed them to anyone outside of your family? or are they a closely guarded secret?
11. In general, how do you feel about “diet” foods? Meaning: foods with artificial sweeteners or alternative fats in them. For example: Diet soda or low fat muffins.
12. Have you purchased food online? What do you think about that idea?
13. When cooking for you and yours, what kinds of experiments have you tried?
14. Do you now, or have you ever, grown or raised any of the food you eat?
15. Are you a vegetarian? If not, has the idea of becoming one ever crossed your mind?
16. When arranging the food on your plate, does everything have to be separated, or is it okay for your food to touch?
17. When eating out, what foods on the menu might push you out of your comfort zone? (for example: pineapple on pizza makes some people twitch)
18. Do you have a sweet tooth? If so, what kinds of foods generally satisfy the craving?
19. What foods (if any) do you like to mix that other people might find strange?
20. When eating out, at what kind of restaurant do you prefer to dine?
21. In general, how do you feel about organic food?
22. What foods (if any) do you eat when you are happy or unhappy?
And that’s it! 22 random questions about food. Hope you enjoyed them. I’ll be answering them in a bit. I have to do some things first, but as anyone who reads this blog knows, I rarely ask questions that I don’t intend to answer. I’m just… tired today. So it might take me a moment or two.